Sunday, June 17, 2012

Preparations

So how many of you are ready to enjoy summer? Well ,we are!! I just got off school last Friday and  already am jumping into the swing of the show. 

The house and barn are currently a buzz of activity. Why? This weekend is our first big event; The Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene,Oregon. We will be taking 6 sheep up to be shown, and we will also have a farm booth selling our fiber products. I'm really excited to be able to have a farm booth right next to my sheep like we do a OFFF (Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival).
 So as is expected we are busy. I have redesigned our business cards and yarn labels for a fresh new look. 

New Yarn Labels in the Making
In the kitchen I have set up a table where I'm trying to figure out just how I want to display things. We have some new colors dyed and we are hoping to be able to prepare some of our little sheep Christmas ornaments too.
Practice Set Up
In the barn the sheep going to the show are being prepared for show getting special wool-cuts to show off their gorgeous fleeces. They are also getting practiced with so they we will be able to behave themselves in the show ring.

Freshly Dyed Yarn


I hope many of you will be able to come and visit with us and our sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment